Workers' Compensation Claims
Workers' Compensation Claims Manager
Lang Kelly, ARM, AIC
Workers' Compensation Claims Supervisor
Property and Liability Claims
Property and Liability Insurance Claims Manager
Mark A. McKinney
Senior Property and Liability Adjuster
Chris W. Hinson
Marketing and Administration Services
New member marketing and various other administrative services are provided to Trust members by SCAC staff. Various services include, but are not limited to: cost allocations, Certificates of Insurance, renewal processing and coverage questions.
Director of Insurance Services
John D. Henderson, ARM, ALCM
Trusts' Program Coordinator
Pam S. Selkinghaus, ARM
Trusts' Program Assistant Coordinator
Caroline Deevey, CIC, AAI,CISR,CRIS, INS
Risk Management Services
SCAC has two full-time risk managers with extensive experience working with South Carolina counties. These risk managers ensure that Trust members receive the very best services possible to help all members reduce their total cost of risk.
The Boards of Directors of both Trusts believe very strongly in the benefits of aggressive risk management and actively encourage all members to develop and improve their risk management programs. The costs of property, liability and workers' compensation claims are simply too high for local governments to operate without sound risk management programs.
Director of Risk Management Services
Robert E. Benfield, ARM, AINS
Van Henson, CPM
Basic Risk Management Standards (coming soon)
- Members own the Trusts, and they are nonprofit. Unlike an insurance company, the Trusts only objectives are to serve the membership.
- Trusts are run by the counties for the counties. The Trusts' Boards of Trustees are made up of county government officials.
- Coverages and services are tailored to South Carolina's county governments, instead of the insurance industry standard "one size fits all."
- Long-term budget stability provided through the Trusts help counties minimize the peaks and valleys in their insurance premiums over the long term.
- Specialized risk control services include law enforcement and detention centers. These services are provided by full-time association staff and are specific to county government.
- Local service provided by dedicated, full-time personnel who specialize in assisting county governments. The team of professionals that assist the Trusts are all located in South Carolina where they can provide prompt, responsive service.