Other Events of Interest
Housing Development Finance Professional Certification
The S.C. Association for Community Economic Development (SCACED) is offering certification training at a reduced rate. The National Development Council is coming to South Carolina to offer the Housing Development Finance Professional Certification. The certification is a rigorous and comprehensive four-course training program that explores the development process, financial analysis techniques and structuring and negotiating skills needed to successfully develop and finance affordable home ownership and rental housing development.
- HD420-Rental Housing Development Finance
- Online from 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM October 26-30; November 2, 4, & 5
- HD423-Computer Spread Sheet Analysis for Housing
- January 2021
- HD410-Home Ownership Finance
- TBD 2021
- HD430-Housing Development Finance: Problem Solving and Deal Structuring
- TBD 2021
This four-part course only costs $150/course for SCACED members and $300/course for non-SCACED members.
American Stormwater Institute, LLC is offering stormwater training online with a live instructor via Zoom. The full class schedule is available on their website.
Vector Control for Environmental Health Professionals - Free Training
Environmental health professionals are on the frontline of helping individuals, institutions, and communities reduce threats from mosquitoes, ticks, and other vectors. This training—Vector Control for Environmental Health Professionals—emphasizes the use of integrated pest management to address public health pests and vectors that spread pathogens, including Zika virus and others. The training offers Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
The training includes 11 courses. Take all of them or pick and choose (the first three are required, then take courses in any order):
- Vector-Borne Diseases of Public Health Importance
- Integrated Pest Management Basics
- Performance Assessment and Improvement of Vector Control Services
- Tick Biology and Control
- Mosquito Biology and Control
- Toxicology of Pesticides
- Rodent Management
- Pests and Vectors in Food and Housing Environments
- Special Pest Management Considerations for Schools
- Risk Communication Basics
- Bed Bug Biology and Control
Visit the following website to register and to learn more about the training: https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/ehs/elearn/vcehp.html.