Webcast: Planning Strategies for South Carolina Counties
This interactive webcast will fulfill the three hours of continuing education required annually for planning and zoning officials/employees. In order to receive credit, county officials/employees must participate in a group or classroom setting; and an on-site coordinator must confirm their attendance.
This webcast will address planning strategies such as growth management tools and affordable housing. Participants will also receive an update on planning and zoning court cases and state legislation. The detailed agenda is available.
- Affordable housing tools, opportunities,and challenges;
- U.S. Census population projections for counties and related implications;
- Legal issues update on state legislation and court cases related to annexation, impact fees, and citizen appeals; and
- An overview of boards of zoning appeals and architectural review boards.
Attend via the internet or join our studio audience in Columbia
- Identify a coordinator to be the official contact for your county or department.
- Reserve a conference room/classroom and equipment. The webcast can be viewed in any room with internet access through a laptop connected to an LCD projector/external speakers.
- Publicize the webcast and encourage attendance.
- Register online by Thursday, May 9. Instructions and handouts will be sent to the coordinator via e-mail prior to the webcast.
Questions? Please contact Ryan Tooley at 1-800-922-6081 or via email@example.com.
If you have experienced technical difficulties when participating in SCAC’s live webinars in the past, you may opt to view the streaming video of the webinar that will be posted on SCAC’s website by the end of May.
Please note –
- You must have a live coordinator to facilitate discussion when viewing recorded programs. To learn more about the qualifications of a coordinator as prescribed by the S.C. Education Planning Advisory Committee, please see page two of the FAQ document.