SC Local Government Attorneys' Institute
The Local Government Attorneys' Institute is one of the best opportunities to learn about issues that affect public sector attorneys. The South Carolina Association of Counties is very excited to once again offer this great CLE content virtually! The seminar has been approved for a total of 6.0 hours MCLE, including 2.0 hours ethics/LEPR. The agenda is available online. Please share this information with other attorneys in your office.
The registration fee is $50 per person. Due to this year’s virtual offering, you must register and pay online prior to Wednesday, November 16 at 5:00 p.m. In order to receive CLE credit, you must register and pay individually.
All cancellations will be assessed a $10.00 administrative charge and must be sent directly to Mary Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on November 16. After November 16, no refunds will be made, no exceptions.
If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact Mary Williams directly at email@example.com or (803) 256-6508.
Handouts for the Attorneys' Institute will be added as they are received.
- Keep Calm and Govern Yourself Accordingly
- It's A Zoo Here - ADA and Service Animals
- User Fees
- Lions, Tigers, and Bears - Oh My! Updates on Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility from the SU Supreme Court, Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and the SC Supreme Court
- FOIA - Know When to Hold them, Know When to Fold Them
- 2022 Federal Caselaw Update
2022 Acts That Affect Counties
Evaluation Form - The deadline for returning evaluations is Wednesday, November 30, 2022.