2020 Census Count
2020 Census Count Resources for Counties
The countdown to the 2020 Census has begun!
Local governments and community leaders are encouraged to partner with the U.S. Census Bureau for a complete count in 2020. Useful information such as developing a plan for promoting the 2020 Census in your community, tips for reaching hard to count populations, and establishing complete count committees can be found in the links below.
- Census Partners
- State and Local Government Toolkit
- NACo Local Government Census Count Resources
County officials are asked to use a three-tiered approach for the 2020 Census
- Complete the census yourself
- Ask your employees to complete the census
- Encouage 2020 Census participation in your community and serve as a resource for important deadlines and infomation. The following links can be shared with residents in your community.
Counties are encouraged to get the word out about Census 2020 jobs
Why should you or your organization help the Census Bureau recruit applicants?
An accurate count is the goal of every census, the 2020 Census included. The results of the census have real-world impacts—and consequences—for communities across our country. From determining the number of seats each state has in the U.S. House of Representatives to planning for roads, schools, and hospitals, an accurate count is crucial. By helping to recruit Census Taker applicants from your community, you can help to ensure that your community is properly represented.
How can you or your organization help to get the word out about 2020 Census jobs?
You can help by doing any of the following:
- Posting information about 2020 Census jobs using your organization’s social media channels, as well as by tagging other
organizations that might also be willing to share this information
- Posting information about 2020 Census jobs on your organization’s website and/or in newsletters
- Distributing promotional materials about 2020 Census jobs to your clients, customers, and/or members
- Displaying promotional materials about 2020 Census jobs in your offices and other facilities
- Allowing a Census Bureau recruiter to distribute promotional materials to your clients, customers, and/or members
- Sending an email with 2020 Census jobs information to your contacts
- Inviting a Census Recruiter to present information about 2020 Census jobs at your meetings or other gatherings, or being
willing to provide 2020 Census jobs materials at those times yourself.
To learn more about this, and to obtain materials and messaging, counties are encouraged to visit www.census.gov/regions for information on how to contact your Regional Census Center. Applicants are encouraged to apply online at 2020census.gov/jobs or to call the toll-free number at 1-855-JOB-2020 with questions, or to obtain more information or assistance.