Position subject to close at any time
Entry Level Bi-Weekly Range: $1107.50–$1273.63
- Examine proposed construction plans for compliance with the Building Codes and related regulations.
- Interpret and explain codes and regulations to builders, contractors, homeowners, and other interested parties.
- Confer with contractors, engineers, and property owners regarding disapproved items in order to obtain plan changes necessary for approval.
- Research flood zone maps to determine base flood elevations for property listed in flood zones.
- Provide hazard mitigation information to the public.
- Process variance/waiver applications and attend Construction Board of Appeals meetings as required.
- Perform field inspections as required for new construction or proposed new construction.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
View position summary
If you are interested in applying for a position with Berkeley County Government, you will need to set up a personal account and apply online, click on “Applicant Online” from our website www.berkeleycountysc.gov and follow the prompts. For questions, contact Human Resources at 843-719-4163 (Moncks Corner); 723-3800 ext. 4163 (Charleston); or 567-3136 ext. 4163 (Saint Stephen). Computers are available in the Berkeley County Administration Building and the Libraries to apply online.
Berkeley County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
All employees of Berkeley County Government are employed on an “at-will” basis which means that the employee may discontinue the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice or cause, and that Berkeley County Government may discontinue the employment relationship on the same grounds.