Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:44:00 PM
Planning and Zoning Continuing Education
Tuesday, May 14
9 a.m.– 12:30 p.m.
This interactive webcast will fulfill the three hours of continuing education required annually for planning
and zoning officials/employees. In order to receive credit, county officials/employees must participate
in a group or classroom setting; and an on-site coordinator must confirm their attendance.
This webcast will address planning strategies such as growth management tools and affordable housing. Participants will also receive an update on planning and zoning court cases and state legislation. The detailed agenda will be included in the material that is shared with those who register.
- Affordable housing tools, opportunities,and challenges;
- U.S. Census population projections for counties and related implications;
- Legal issues update on state legislation and court cases related to annexation, impact fees, and citizen appeals; and
- An overview of boards of zoning appeals and architectural review boards.
Attend via the internet or join our studio audience in Columbia
- Identify a coordinator to be the official contact for your county or department.
- Reserve a conference room/classroom and equipment. The webcast can be viewed in any room with internet access through a laptop connected to an LCD projector/external speakers.
- Publicize the webcast and encourage attendance.
- Register online by Thursday, May 9. Instructions and handouts will be sent to the coordinator via e-mail prior to the webcast.
Questions? Please contact Ryan Tooley at 1-800-922-6081 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.