An accurate and complete census is important to your community. The Local Update of Census Addresses Operation (LUCA) is the one and only opportunity for tribal, state, and local governments to review and comment on the Census address list, which will serve as the foundation for the 2020 Decennial Census.
You are invited to attend a free LUCA Training Session where you can learn in detail, the review procedures for completing your LUCA review, including:
- Review and Update Strategies, Determining Priority Areas
- Materials and Initial Setup
- Paper/Digital Address List Acceptable Updates
- Paper/Digital Submissions
- An Overview of the Geographic Update Partnership Software (GUPS)
Training sessions will be held in each of the ten South Carolina Council of Governments (COGs). Please see the training schedule for the dates and times for your area. Plan to attend the LUCA Training Session that is most convenient for you and your community.
Whether or not your jurisdiction has already made a decision to participate in LUCA, you are strongly urged to attend one of the training sessions. THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2020 LUCA OPERATION IN SOUTH CAROLINA IS JANUARY 15, 2018.
To sign up:
- E-mail your community name (tribe, state, parish, city, town, village, or regional planning agency); location you plan to attend; name; phone number; email address; and number of persons attending to: email@example.com OR
- Call 1 (404) 331-1339 (Atlanta Regional Office-Geography Section)
If you have any questions regarding the LUCA program or these training sessions, contact the Atlanta Regional Office - Geography Section at 1 (404) 331-1339.